Useful Research Links & Further Reading
In the course of putting this website together I have come across many useful website where you can read more on the topics this website covers. These links are below.
- Karta - 3000+ photos of Poles being deported, in USSR, Middle East & UK
- Imperial War Museum - Photos of 1st Independent Polish Parachute Brigade & more
- Fife Council Polish Collection - Exhibits, Uniforms etc
- Narodowe Archiwum Cyfrowe - Archive of photos of Polish deportees, evacuees, 1st Independent Polish Parachute Brigade and more
- Polish Heritage Society - Historical maps, culture, history and more
- Polish Institute And Sikorski Museum - Many research documents worth looking at.
- My Journey To Become A Polish Paratrooper - A Szmid
- From Poland To Britain - By Anqvicar
- A Stolen Childhood From Poland - A Szmid
- Krystyna's Escape Part 1 - Dobraczynska
- Account Of Corporal Antoni Szulakowski - Halina Szulakowska
- Life Story of Antoni Paszkiewicz - Published By Nick Metcalfe
- Franek Rymaszewski - I cannot recommend this site enough, it is a MUST VISIT, so full of detail
- Stanislaw Jankowski - Largo House, Malpi Gaj and more
- The Polish History of New Zealand - Many survivor accounts of Polish immigrants to New Zealand
- Zeszyty Kombatanckie - Contains many military life stories (USSR, Persia, Largo House, Auchtertool etc)
- Kresy Siberia - Over 1700 survivor video testimonies...an amazing resource!
- Kresy Siberia Wall Of Tribute - Survivors descendants record their families who suffered
- Kresy Siberia Repository - Over 13,000 photos from survivors, another amazing resource!
The following are books that I consider very necessary to read in order to understand more detail behind what this website covers.
- Vintage News - Covers Polish Refugees In Iran
- Sikorski Polish Club - Contains quality sketches of Polish Repression
- Poland In Exile
- Polish Resettlement Camps In The UK
- 2 Korpus Polski - Amazing rare photos in the gallery!
- Elie & Earlsferry History Society - 2 good videos on the Polish Para's
- Agata Hills Translation - Polish-English translation, some experience in military documents
- https://stevemorse.org/ - Lots of useful info and databases
- The Chronicles Of Terror - (Main)
- The Chronicles Of Terror (Testimonies)
- Institute Of National Research - Get a copy of your relatives arrest documents from here
- Genealogica Polonica - The ancestry team I use to help me in Poland. Ask for Radoslaw, he is amazing!
- Zwiazek Sybirakow - Your relatives may have left their testimonies (life story) of time in Siberia. This agency holds many testimonies
These are some fantastic groups on Facebook of which I am a member of all of them. There is a real wealth of info to be gotten on these groups.
- Kresy-Siberia - 1800+ members, very active group
- Kresy Siberia Polish Descendants - 350+ members, a good resource
- Kresy Family - Another good group well worth joining
- Polish Forces In North East Fife - 180+ members
- Descendants of the 1st Independent Polish Parachute Brigade - 140+ members
- 1st Independent Polish Parachute Brigade - 110+ members
- 2 Korpus Polski - 2 Polish Corps - 320+ members
- ww2 - 2 Korpus Polski - 1830+ members
Thesis & Studies
Krasnovodsk - Pahlevi Accounts
This section is more for the researchers amongst you who are interested in tracing the boats that brought your relatives out of the USSR. Google books is a very rich source of data and well worth searching under boat names.
- Caspian Ship Data - The Shipping World
- The Kaganovich - Poland’s Daughter: How I Met Basia, Hitchhiked to Italy, and Learned About ...
- The Kaganovich - When God Looked The Other Way